Free Interactive Cambridge City Guide with every booking!
Every Traditional Punting Company booking includes a free interactive Cambridge City Guide, compiled by local residents who know the city well. So you can discover Cambridge’s best-kept secrets through their eyes.
There is everything you need to know to plan your time in Cambridge, whether you are visiting for a day or staying overnight. With our list of top attractions, restaurants, scenic areas, and experiences, you won’t have to waste time searching the internet for ideas. The team behind the guide has over 50 years of local knowledge, making them the perfect people to guide you around.
The Best Things to Do in Cambridge
Cambridge has around 40.7 km2 and is home to the world-renowned University of Cambridge, the River Cam, fascinating museums, historic churches, a market square, and beautiful green spaces. As a city with so much to see and do, visiting such an incredible, unique, and popular destination in the UK can be overwhelming.
Our Traditional Punting Company team offers a free interactive city guide with every booking to help make these decisions a little easier.
Local Discounts for restaurants, shops and more in Cambridge
The guide includes a section on local discounts. Our team has teamed up with other businesses in the city to offer great deals. So enjoy the best of Cambridge for less with restaurant discounts and in-store savings.
Included in the City Guide
Cambridge City Guide covers 7 different areas, so there is something for everyone:
- Tours – There are walking, boat, and even ghost tours for those looking for something different.
- Cambridge University – Learn about the university’s history and explore its current attractions, such as the Botanic Gardens.
- Museums & Galleries – This section includes world-renowned museums like the Fitzwilliam Museum and smaller galleries showcasing local talent.
- Photographic Viewpoints – Explores the best places to take photos in Cambridge, from iconic landmarks to hidden gems.
- Food & Drink – Find out where to eat and drink in Cambridge and where to find local pubs and restaurants.
- Green Spaces – Find out where to find local farmers’ markets and parks in Cambridge.
- Local Discounts – Find discounts at local attractions, restaurants, and shops.
How to use the guide
You can use the side arrows or access the menu to find your specific area of interest.
A city guide also links to websites, Google locations, and Instagramable sites, so you’ll have more time to enjoy the sights.
Our free guide is available to all our customers, and we hope it helps you plan and enjoy your visit. If you have suggestions for our city guide, please let us know.
Make the Most of Your Time in Cambridge
Cambridge offers a variety of things to do, from exploring its historic neighbourhoods to shopping at local boutiques and dining at some of the best restaurants. Make the most of your time in this city with our free city guide. As you explore the area, the guide includes information on local attractions, restaurants, and shops – as well as discounts that will save you money.
Our free city guide will help you make the most of your time in Cambridge. Are you ready to get started? Organise your trip now!