For those who seek a tranquil, personal tour. Allow yourself time to relax and enjoy the view from the river. Bring your own refreshments and sit back as your personal chauffeur regales you with intriguing insights about the city that surrounds you.
- COVID 19: Please ensure your booking meets social distancing rules.
- A chauffeured tour in a private punt seating a maximum of either 2, 6 or 12 people.
- Tours will last approximately 50 minutes.
- Dynamic pricing to offer you the best rates available.
- Add a Harriets Afternoon Cream Tea picnic to your private tour during the booking online process.
- Avoid the queues by booking online
- Book multiple boats for larger groups who want to travel down the river at the same time.
- If you would like to instead book a Distanced Shared Tour please click here
Choosing the best Cambridge punting tour
Presumably you’ve arrived here looking for the best punt tours in Cambridge. But choosing a punting tour operator is not as simple as it may first appear. You need to know that your punt chauffeur is genuinely knowledgeable about the local area, that you’re receiving the highest quality tour for the fairest price, and that your group is in the safest of hands.
If you choose to come with the Traditional Punting Company you will not be disappointed with our private punting Cambridge tour. We have all the aims highlighted above at the forefront of our company policy. That’s why we’re so highly rated by our customers!
Private Chauffeured Punting in Cambridge
For those seeking the ultimate punting tour in Cambridge, you need look no further than our Private Chauffeured Punt Tour. When you choose the Traditional Punting Company, you can be safe in the knowledge that you’ll be transported through this incredible, historic city with a local expert at the helm, or rather, on the deck (in Cambridge, punters stand on the till, the flat part of the punt. This is known colloquially as the deck).
Sit back in comfort and enjoy the tales our experts can tell you about the River Cam, Cambridge University and the City of Cambridge. We love knowing that our customers walk away with smiles on their faces, and their minds filled to the brim with fascinating stories about the culture, architecture and history of Cambridge.
COVID19 Safety Measures
- Perspex screens are positioned on the boat if social distancing measures are compromised.
- All customers are booked onto specific departure times in advance to assist with social distancing.
- All staff will wear a face covering if they are within 1m of customers.
- Boat sides and cushions are cleaned between each tour.
- The tour is also available on an app with a free download code.
We booked a private tour and had an excellent trip. Our punter, AJ, was very professional and friendly. His tour was informative and full of fantastic details about the sights. Our family thoroughly enjoyed our trip. It was excellent value for money and very well organised and delivered. Highly recommended.
Fabulous Private Tour
Fabulous Private Tour as a treat for our Australian friends visiting England as part of their world tour! Charles was absolutely brilliant – very informative and funny. We all really enjoyed it – thank you.
Fantastic experience. Our chauffeur Barnaby was well informed, friendly and professional and helped make the experience more enjoyable for all.
Thank you Traditional Punting Company for making our day in Cambridge so memorable. We opted for the private punting tour and it really was fantastic. The mooring was very easy to find from Google Maps, being a short walk from the town center. Our guide, Sam, was friendly, knowledgeable and unobtrusive. From start to finish, this company was highly professional and an absolute pleasure to do business with. I made a last minute booking through their website the night before our trip. I was able to pay by PayPal, and less than 12 hours later was on a punt on the River Cam – absolutely seamless. I look forward to taking my Mum out with them when I return next year. Thank you again.
We did a punting tour with the Traditional Punting Company, that I had booked online on Monday the 17th of February. Our guide was Ben and he did a brilliant job, punting against the strong current and telling us lots of interesting stories. Very good experience! Thank you.
© 2021 River Cam Punting Limited. Company number 094877362019.