From the 29th of March we are open for private tours. Groups must comply with government guidelines at all times. Until May the 17th bookings must adhere to the rule of 6 or be a maximum of 2 households. If you would like to book a shared tour click here.
(29th March – 12th April – please follow the guidelines and stay local)
For those who seek a tranquil, personal tour. Allow yourself time to relax and enjoy the view from the river. Bring your own refreshments and sit back as your personal chauffeur regales you with intriguing insights about the city that surrounds you.
- COVID 19: Please ensure your booking meets social distancing rules.
- A chauffeured tour in a private punt seating a maximum of either 2, 6 or 12 people.
- Tours will last approximately 50 minutes.
- Dynamic pricing to offer you the best rates available.
- Add a Harriets Afternoon Cream Tea picnic to your private tour during the booking online process.
- Avoid the queues by booking online
- Book multiple boats for larger groups who want to travel down the river at the same time.
- If you would like to instead book a Distanced Shared Tour please click here
Choosing the best Cambridge punting tour
Presumably you’ve arrived here looking for the best punt tours in Cambridge. But choosing a punting tour operator is not as simple as it may first appear. You need to know that your punt chauffeur is genuinely knowledgeable about the local area, that you’re receiving the highest quality tour for the fairest price, and that your group is in the safest of hands.
If you choose to come with the Traditional Punting Company you will not be disappointed with our private punting Cambridge tour. We have all the aims highlighted above at the forefront of our company policy. That’s why we’re so highly rated by our customers!
Private Chauffeured Punting in Cambridge
For those seeking the ultimate punting tour in Cambridge, you need look no further than our Private Chauffeured Punt Tour. When you choose the Traditional Punting Company, you can be safe in the knowledge that you’ll be transported through this incredible, historic city with a local expert at the helm, or rather, on the deck (in Cambridge, punters stand on the till, the flat part of the punt. This is known colloquially as the deck).
Sit back in comfort and enjoy the tales our experts can tell you about the River Cam, Cambridge University and the City of Cambridge. We love knowing that our customers walk away with smiles on their faces, and their minds filled to the brim with fascinating stories about the culture, architecture and history of Cambridge.
COVID19 Safety Measures
- Perspex screens are positioned on the boat if social distancing measures are compromised.
- All customers are booked onto specific departure times in advance to assist with social distancing.
- All staff will wear a face covering if they are within 1m of customers.
- Boat sides and cushions are cleaned between each tour.
- The tour is also available on an app with a free download code.
Rufus was great fun. He even let us have a go at punting 👍 happy with the blanket provided. Learnt some interesting history about Cambridge and the buildings!
Had a lovely morning even though it was very frost and cold, Rufus done a great job, well informed and funny, good job all round.
Absolutely Lovely Day
Absolutely lovely day, visited with my daughter and we can’t wait to go back, Charles our punter was very informative and friendly, would highly recommend this place to anybody for a wonderful family day out!!
Ben was very knowledgeable about the area and was able to answer all our questions. He was also a very friendly young man. Keep up
the great work. VERY GOOD VALUE FOR 💰 CHEAPER THAN THE OTHER COMPANIES
Friday evening 7th Aug . Jack our private guide was brilliant, he was professional, but not overpowering & realised we wanted to chat with our friends but also have us good prompts of sights as well. It was a lovely gentle ride & I would recommend Traditional Punting Company , Thank you.
© 2021 River Cam Punting Limited. Company number 094877362019.